Monday, February 1, 2010

No More Baby Hudson

Hudson has changed so much over the last few weeks, it's amazing to me to think back to Christmas and how different he is now. It was like flipping a switch. All of the sudden he
really started talking and trying to repeat everything anyone said to him. He tries to tell
you what he wants, he'll let you know when he's tired and ready to go to bed, or when you
aren't doing what he thinks you should be doing. Below are some pictures of him from the
last couple of weeks. The first one is him sitting is his chair eating popcorn. That's a new-
found favorite food of his, and something we all can sit down and share. The first time we
made it, Jesse and I couldn't stop laughing because Hudson would stick his little hand down
in the bag and eat it just like we were. He sat and watched us at first, and then dug in like an
old pro. The second picture is Hudson and Jesse watching one of Hudson's Wee Sing tapes.
He absolutely loves them, and so far that's the only thing we've found that gets him to sit
still for longer than a few seconds. At first he just enjoyed the singing and dancing, but now
he actually tries to do the movements with the characters, which is hilarious! The last
pictures are from the week of Mom and Dad's birthdays. Instead of getting them a cake, we
got a message cookie, and had some left over that was sitting on the counter. I sat Hudson
on the counter to take his hat and coat off after coming home from Corydon to see Jesse's nephew
play basketball and Hudson spotted the cookie. He looked up at me and plain as day
said "Cookie" and pointed over to it. I was so excited that he said cookie, I sat him up on the counter
and let him have some. He was VERY proud of himself! I don't have a picture of it,
but he also peed on the big boy potty for the first time last night. I clapped and made a big
deal out of it, and now he's constantly pointing at the bathroom door asking to go potty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers